Do you sometimes feel that there is so much going on in this world, so much going on around you that you wonder – does anyone see what I am going through? Is there anyone who cares?
This week we will look at God – as the GOD who Sees.
El Roi – from Genesis 16:13 – first time the name of GOD – El Roi is used.
Who is involved? Abraham, Sarai and Hagar.
God had promised Abraham an heir in Genesis 15. Genesis 16 there were still no children.
— Instead of listening to Elohim – Creator of all;
— Instead of listening to El Elyon – Most High GOD – Sovereign Lord; who opens the womb and shuts the womb – nothing is too difficult for Him,
…Abraham listens to wrong counsel on this occasion.
Hagar is now pregnant – Genesis 16:4;and Sarai despises her – even though it was Sarai’s idea. Sarai does not take responsibility for her error but casts blame upon another. Abraham did not help out the situation, either.
How many times have I tried to help GOD because He wasn’t doing what I thought He should in the timing that seemed right to me; in order to fix a situation the way it seemed He should? (Genesis 16:2)
Hagar flees and in vs. 7: “Now the angel of the LORD found her by a spring”
– GOD goes after Hagar, and in vs. 9 He gives her instruction through the angel of the LORD.
Hagar called the name of the LORD El Roi (Beer-lahai-roi – the well of the living one who sees me ) “Thou art a GOD who sees” or “Thou, GOD do see me”.
GOD sees us – There is NO hiding from GOD.
- He keeps you. Psalm 121 (seek your counsel from the LORD not from the world).
- He IS acquainted with all your ways. Proverbs 5:21, Psalm 139:7-12.
- He watches over HIS Word to perform it: Jeremiah 1:12
- He looks from His dwelling place on all the inhabitants of the earth. Psalm 33:13-15
- He knows where you are – He is Omniscient (all-knowing); Omnipotent (all-present) and Omnipotent (all-powerful).
God knows and God sees. Trust in Him today — He does not need our help (Genesis 16:2).
GOD sees you – and He cares for you and He sees your affliction. Cry out to Him today.