God is watching over every event of our lives. God does not miss anything.
Again, I go back to Joseph – Genesis 45 – 50 and was thinking last night – “how was Joseph able to get any sleep in his jail situation for 2 years?”
He must have had a solid understanding of Who GOD is. That GOD was & is in control:
Of events, angels, history, people. (which seemed to give him hope and drive to carry on).
Joseph had a solid trust, faith in God that brought perfect peace.
Isaiah 26:3: “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.”
Acts 16: Is a chapter about Paul and Silas who encountered some trouble – “a girl having a spirit of divination” (Cross Ref: Leviticus 19:31; 20:6; Deut. 18:10; 1 Samuel 28; 2 Kings 21:6; Isaiah 8:19) vs. 16, who began following Paul and crying out (screaming, shrieking, to call aloud) “These are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming the way of salvation.”
She continued to do this for many days.
(What has been plaguing you this week? Did something or someone try and stop you from living your life to the Glory of God the Father?
The truths continue Acts 16:19-24— and Paul and Silas were inflicted with many blows and thrown into prison.
VERSE 25: “But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing Hymns of Praise to God and the prisoners were listening to them;”
I have to ask myself: “how am I responding when I find myself in the midst of hard and difficult situations?”
Then there’s an earthquake and everyone’s chains were unfastened and the jailer and his household were saved.
Not to diminish the GREATNESS of what happened here — but notice the response of Paul and Silas: Application.
They are praying and singing — Wow!
- God delivers His people – Genesis 14:20;
- God turns temporary defeats into complete victories.
- God turns that which makes no sense to complete His perfect and orderly plan.
- Knowing God as El Elyon should put a song in our hearts, and fill us with His joy.
And while HE is working, people are listening and watching our response. And in Acts 16 people were saved and brought into the Kingdom of GOD.
Do you know someone whose action(s) are not making sense? (Kind of like the girl in Acts 16?) Pray that their “reason” would return to them so that they will bless the Most High God and Praise and Honor Him Who Lives forever. Daniel 4:34-35.
Romans 8:28-30: And we KNOW that GOD causes (present tense: keeps on causing) ALL THINGS to work together for good to THOSE who love GOD , to those who are called according to (HIS) purpose.”
- Thank you Oh Most High God-that you are in control of the Host of Heaven (Daniel 4).
- And in control of Governments (Daniel 2:20-23).
- And in control of our lives (Deuteronomy 32:39).
- And in control of circumstances, health, finances, events (Isaiah 45:5-7)
- Thank you Lord, that nothing can thwart your Divine Plans.
- Thank you Lord, that all You have planned for my life is for my good and Your glory.
- I may not understand it right now, and I may not like it right now, but I am crying out to You, GOD Most High to hold me close and allow me Lord to be filled with the Peace of Christ which surpasses all comprehension.
- May my mind dwell on the things that are True, dear God. (Philippians 4:8) – And to take every thought captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5).
In Your Mighty, Holy Name. Amen.
Next Week: El Roi – The GOD Who Sees