Genesis 1:1 – “In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.”
Deuteronomy 10:17 – “The LORD (Jehovah) your God (Elohim) is the God of gods…”
Deuteronomy 6:4 – “The LORD (Jehovah) is our God (Elohim), the LORD is one.”
So — what is the significance of this first Name of God?
El – Mighty or Strong
“Him” – ending – Masculine, Plural, Noun
God – Creator – as indicated by His very name (He magnifies His Word according to All His Name.) Psalm 138:2
God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit – all present at Creation.
Genesis 1:2” and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.”
Genesis 1:3: “Then God said, “Let there be light” and there was light” (CR )(Cross Reference) that to John 1:4-9 “In Him (Jesus) was life and the life was the light of men”. vs. 5 “the Light shines in the darkness”… vs. 9 “There was the true Light (Jesus)…”
Genesis 1:26: “Then God (Elohim) said, “Let US make man in OUR image.”
Before we get to how unique and special mankind is and that we are not from “goo to you” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGrU9DYa2I
– we are all created for a purpose and a plan, specially designed by the God Almighty – the Designer Himself.
Let’s look at God’s magnificent Creatures that He created (Elohim) on the 5th Day of His Creation: (Creatures that Defy Evolution Video – Dr. Jobe Martin- ExplorationFilms.com)
The Bombardier Beetle:
- 1/2 inch long
- manufactures a chemical
- twin tail tubes- like a gun turret
- Self-defense mechanism: the human ear hears “one pop” but in fact has been discovered that the beetle shoots out 1,000 sequential explosions that should blow the bug up, apart from its unique design from God, created fully formed.
- BTW: World’s strongest bug – The Beetle
Or how about the Pacific Golden Plover:
- Weight: 1/2 lb.
- Lays 4 eggs
- Not a swimmer
- Lives in the Arctic/Alaska
- Fly to Hawaii for the winter (shouldn’t we all?)
- No landing
- Burns 1g fat/hour
- 70 grams/fat only 70 hours of food to survive
- These birds fly in formation – and change out leaders to preserve energy.
- Parents leave the chicks in Alaska and eat enough to get 70 grams of fat to migrate to Hawaii.
- God created them.
Manatee: Very Intelligent
- Sensitive to Temperature, cannot live in temp lower that 69 degrees.
- Front Flipper has toe nails – mouth – whiskers sensitive; Nerves attached to the whiskers – sense food and objects.
- Tail flat – glides them.
- Breathe through nose – can sleep on their backs – heart rate drops; breathing slows.
- Best immune system of mammals. 90% white blood cells that fight disease.
Lastly Duck Billed Platypus:
- similar to Beaver – has fur – “made after its kind”
- Eats shrimp under water
- closes eyes
- nose flaps close
- can detect the electrical impulses in the tail fo the shrimp between muscle and nerve.
- lay eggs
- suckle their young
- webbed feet
- duck bill
Praise God for His Creation – for how Creative He is!
That we do not live in a boring, bland world – but one of color and creative wonder all around.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow.
See you tomorrow- we will look at why you were Created!